Thursday, January 19, 2012

Beautiful Demons (Peachville High Demons #1) by Sara Cannon

Goodreads Review:
Harper Madison isn't like other girls. She has extraordinary powers, but her inability to control them has gotten her kicked from so many foster homes she's lost count. Shadowford Home is her last chance, and she hopes Peachville High will be the fresh start she needs. But when evidence ties her to the gruesome murder of a Demons cheerleader, Harper discovers this small town has a big secret.

My Review:
So, I know I’m behind on reading this series. It has been on my list for a while. I actually got this as a free ebook from the author during the Indelibles on Fire Blog Hop. When I first saw this book I thought it was going to be about demons, demons, demons. I was wrong. This book had it all! Love, friendship, and betrayal. I felt so much of a connection with Harper. The girl that didn’t fit in in high school. I have been there, done that! And yea, cheerleaders weren’t my favorite people. I was so mad when she started to hang out with them even though I knew the real reason why she did.

 The story starts with Harper having to go to a girls home in Shadowford where she meets a very nice girl named Agnes and they become close friends. They eventually try out for the cheerleading team together. Harper is instructed from day one to not go to the third floor of the home. So what does she do you ask?? Go to the third floor of course! Who wouldn’t! This leads to a crazy weird room that basically opens a can of worms.

I felt like the romance between her and Jackson was a little rushed but, then I remember what it was like in high school and then I didn’t think it was rushed haha. I really liked him and I hope that everything works out. The relationship with the QB of the football team always felt fake to me. And there are reasons for that. But, you have to read to find them out!

I read this book in a day and can’t wait to read book 2! Which I have and review of that one to come soon!


1 comment:

  1. Inviting cover same with the story. Amazing book indeed. I am so glad that I am one of the reader of this book in our house because we can't actually find it.

    ReplyDelete