Sunday, January 15, 2012

Between (Crossroads 2) by Mary Ting

Goodreads Summary:
As the alkins head back to Crossroads, Claudia leads her normal life; but not for long. Having a special soul, Claudia attracts danger, and she soon finds out who Gamma asked to watch over her. The Twelve, known as Divine Elders on Earth, are very much involved when they find out that Aliah, one of the God’s first angels, escaped from the Abyss when the gates were opened by Aden. Needing Claudia’s soul to escape the only place Aliah can reside–a place between Heaven and Earth–he sends his demons in search of all Claudia Emersons on Earth. Taking her soul will enable him to be released from Between and cross over to Crossroads, which would give him immense power. As more secrets are revealed Claudia learns about the venators—nephilim, demon hunters. Now two opposing forces must work together in order to save Claudia and humanity from the most dangerous angel ever created. But along the way, trust becomes a big issue. Will love be enough to keep Claudia and Michael together? Who will make the ultimate sacrifice? Who will betray them all?

My Review:
Between was an amazing follow up to Crossroads. I felt such strong feelings with this book. The pain and sadness that Claudia felt with the loss of her Gamma and her love for Michael. Mary Ting has an amazing gift of truly making you feel with her characters.

The romance between Michael and Claudia is so sweet. They are such a cute couple! The story is written in such a way that you can just tell how much they love each other and it is worded so perfectly. And despite what I thought what I would feel when she had very slight feelings for Austin, I still liked him even though I am defiantly cheering for Michael. The secondary characters are superb! Davin is so funny with him trying to learn how to talk like a human. It’s so cute! And Vivian is the perfect friend. I don’t know why but, I really enjoyed Davin this time around. And he was so sweet to Michael during the end of the book.

The ending left me heartbroken on so many levels! I cried for Michael when he was forced into doing probably one of the hardest things in the world aside from killing Claudia. I was like NOOOO!! I won’t tell you what it was you have to actually read the book! Michael’s pain was so evident during that part. The blood seekers should also be an interesting twist. I can honestly say I have no idea what is going to happen. I hope there is a third book and that it comes out FAST! 5 stars!!

10 comments:

  1. I love Claudia and Michael and Davin!! They are my fav characters. I love your review and blog. New follower :)

    Books Ahoy
    www.books-ahoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are very lovable characters! Thanks for following me! I believe I already follow your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cute characters and thank for free book for ipod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. However long will be too long. That’s what Michael tells Claudia every time he has to leave. It definitely picks up where Crossroads left off. I smiled thru this book, laughed because Devin is just the funniest, cutest Alkin, and cried like a baby towards the end. Claudia has now met a Venator named Austin who is a demon killer. He has been assigned by Claudia’s Gramma as her protector on earth since she has passed on. Michael is not happy about this because he is her guardian angel and feels jealousy over the fact that Austin may not be the one to be around Claudia because he doesn’t trust him. Claudia finds herself at times drawing closer to Austin but telling herself it isn’t right and wants only to be friends with him, although Austin would like more than a friendship. Claudia starts discovering powers she didn’t know she had and has the opportunity to use them. Where ever Claudia is, demons will follow because of how special she is and this book proves to be so worthwhile, I wanted more. I’m not going to be the spoiler so don’t expect it from me, but know you won’t be able to put the book down as I read it in one day. Mary Ting went beyond the call of writing a best seller on this one. She never ceases to amaze me. There has to be a 3rd book and I can’t wait for it. Wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review I cant wait to read, I just got Crossroads in the mail the other day so Iam excited to read!!

    Bella;)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should try reading "The Crystor Series" by C.K.Bryant. if you haven't yet. I saw the partial list to the left on this page and I see we have similar interests. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete