Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Job from Hell (Ancient Legends 1) by Jayde Scott

Goodreads Summary:
In a world of love bonds, rituals, dark magic, ancient enemies and immortals, nothing is as it seems and no one can be trusted.

Seventeen-year-old Amber enters the paranormal world by chance when her brother, Dallas, sets her up with a summer job in Scotland. Dallas has spied something in the woods he thinks could make them rich beyond their wildest dreams. But instead of finding riches, Amber unknowingly enters a paranormal race—and promptly wins the first prize—a prize for which many would kill. Soon, she discovers her new boss, Aidan, didn’t employ her for her astounding housekeeping skills and he isn't who he claims to be either.

As the dark forces slowly conspire against Amber, her naivety and love for Aidan catapults her into a calamitous series of otherworldly events. With every immortal creature hunting for her, whom can she trust with her life?

My Review:
This book was truly one of the best vampire books I have ever read. It has a great plot full of twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat. I read this book in about a day. Little did Amber know that a housekeeping job in a mansion would lead to such crazy events! The “gift” that she wins during the race isn’t quite the gift you would expect.

The new company that Amber keeps at the mansion is quite the group. Kieran is hilarious and was a great secondary character. I also adored Cass! The fun loving daughter of Lucifer! All around the secondary characters in this book were great. Dallas played a small but, good role as well. There were so many different types of paranormal characters in this book. It must have taken a long time to get them all figured out. But, I love that kind of book so naturally this one called to me!

 Then there’s the romance. Amber actually tries to not fall for Aiden. However, they share a special bong that makes him hard to resist. I liked that the romance didn’t feel rushed like a “your hot and I’m going to fall madly in love with you now!” This book left me craving to find out what would happen next! I give it 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment