Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Shadows (Lux 0.5) by Jennifer Armentrout

Goodreads Summary:
The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane. Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in. Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.

If you haven't read Obsidian or don't know this story my review may contain spoilers!


 My Review:
First of all Jennifer Armentrout is one of my favorite authors. I devoured this novella as soon as I got my hands on it. If you have read Obsidian then you know a little bit about Dawson Black. He fell in love with a human girl that proved to be very dangerous. In Shadows, we get to see what happened between Dawson and Beth. I honestly loved it! It was so nice to see what happened with their relationship and get an idea of how it….ended.

Daemon is still himself, which is nice because I liked the way he was. Dee was also loveable as usual! I have missed these characters so much! It was also nice to see a little more of Adam, Andrew, and Ash. Even though I don’t like them as much haha, well except Adam. This novella also gave me more of an insight to why Daemon is the way his is about Kat. I thought he was just a jerk before but, now I feel more for him.

I cried at the end of this novella and have this extreme hope that Beth and Dawson are not dead. I’m not sure what will happen in the other books of this series but, I have high hopes! Bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of seeing through different eyes, this novella was from three points of view (POV). Dawson, Bethany and Daemon. I have really taken to reading from the male POV lately. Love knowing what's going on inside their heads and Jennifer does a great job with that.

    If you read Obsidian, then this is one you're gonna want to read ASAP. If you haven't read Obsidian, then start with this one. It's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree with you! And I loved Obsidian!

    ReplyDelete