Thursday, February 2, 2012

Incarnate (Newsoul #1) by Jodi Meadows

Goodreads Review:
New soul
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

No soul
Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

Heart
Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies--human and creature alike--let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.


Review may contain spoilers for those who haven't read the book! I try to keep my reviews spoiler free but, sometimes it is hard!


My Review:
This book had hype like no other. I was worried that it was not going to live up to it to be honest. I was happily proved to be wrong! This book was different then a lot of the young adult books out there right now. It was the first one I have read about reincarnation. It was a nice change from all the stuff that’s out there.

I immediately felt for Ana. The poor girl had a tough 18 years with a mother that was not nice at all. To grow up thinking you are nothing and not even worthy of having feelings….I can’t imagine what that would be like. To have only one person in your life and be treated so badly by her. I can’t imagine how alone she must have felt. I just wanted to give Ana a big hug! This was truly a story worth remembering. The sylph concept was new and original I hope in future books we learn more about them and seriously who doesn’t love dragons!!

The secondary characters were fantastic. My favorites were Stef and Sine. They were awesome! Very supportive and genuine friends to Ana when nobody else was.

Then there’s Sam. Oh I think I love Sam. He reminded me of the knight in shining armor. The way he cared for Ana was so sweet. He always put Ana’s needs before his own. Like I said, he was the knight in shining armor. The romance in this book felt sweet and innocent to me. I have my hopes for what will happen with him and I hope there are more books!! I would highly recommend this book to any young adult readers and anyone who's looking for something new to read!



5 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed this! It's always disappointing when a book doesn't live up to the hype, but thankfully for us, Incarnate more than delivered! :) I really can't wait for the next book now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either! I really enjoyed this book. It was so different from a lot of other books I have read. Can't wait for book 2!

      Delete
  2. Great review! I can't wait to read this book. The premise seems so interesting and the cover is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you gave 5 star for this book, and I already add this book to my TBR. Thanks for Review,it's good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I've wanted to read this book for a little while now. I love dragons and haven't ready many books with them in it. Most recently, I read Tiger's Voyage by Colleen Houck.. AMAZING book!! Lots of dragons if you really like that sort of thing.

    :)

    ReplyDelete