Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood #5) by J.R. Ward

Goodreads Summary:
In Caldwell, New York, war rages between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Now the cold heart of a cunning predator will be warmed against its will...

Ruthless and brilliant, Vishous, son of the Bloodletter, possesses a destructive curse and a frightening ability to see the future. As a pretrans growing up in his father's war camp he was tormented and abused. As a member of the Brotherhood, he has no interest in love or emotion, only the battle with the Lessening Society. But when a mortal injury puts him in the care of human surgeon, Dr. Jane Whitcomb compels him to reveal his inner pain and taste true pleasure for the first time-until a destiny he didn't choose takes him into a future that cannot include her...

This is not a YA book and may not be appropriate for young readers. Just an FYI.

My Review:
I don't know what to say. I have really liked these books thus far and this one did take a weird turn at the end that was different then the other books in the series. I am not disappointed with it however like a lot of the other readers have been. I thought this was another wonderful installment of these books! Vischous was always a mystery to me. I was excited to read his story. And I loved that Jane was a doctor. I don't know if that is the nurse in me that was excited to incorporate the health field or not but, I enjoyed it a lot!
It was actually kind of nice to not have the happy ending like the other books. And I can not wait to see what happens with Payne!!!! Yea kick butt girl! I am also excited to see what happens with John Mathew. There were a lot of different plot lines that took place during this book. You also got to learn a little bit more about the Chosen One's lives and the vampires version of goddess I guess.
So I am very excited to get the next book. When I start reading these books I just can't put them down. I end up staying up way to late and reading when I should be sleeping haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment