Monday, August 27, 2012

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Goodreads Summary:
Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?


This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.


Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.


Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?


My Review:

Sweet Evil is a unique story in today's angel and demon pool. It takes a very interesting perspective on angels and demons. I really liked the Duke's. I thought that was really interesting. And how their Neph children would be drawn to certain sins. Very unique idea! Patti is an amazing adoptive Mother and raises Anna like she is her own. She really loves her! Anna seems like your typical goody-good. Although things start to change at a party and when Kaidan makes his appearance in her life. They are attracted to each other but, being who they are severely complicates that. Anna has a very interesting father too. I won't give away who he is though! You have to read to find out. Anna is forced to make some decisions about which direction her life will go in and what parts of her she is willing to sacrifice. 

I enjoyed Jay. He seemed like a really good friend. Not to often do we see male and female best friends that don't turn into more. It was nice to see you can actually have a friend of the opposite sex. Veronica proved to be a good friend too. The other Neph kids were....interesting. I felt bad for Marna and Ginger. What they are forced to do really sucks. 


Lets not forget about our leading man Kaidan!! Wow, given who his father was I guess I kind of expected him to be hot just because. I can't imagine being ruled by his sin. I can't believe he was the rational one when they were on their little road trip. I feel bad for him to because he grew up not knowing what love really his. His dad is not exactly a loving kind of guy. The New Year's party was probably my favorite part. Anna and her group did a pretty good job being bad! Anna was kind of a natural bad girl, which should prove to be interesting.


A lot of craziness goes down at the New Year's party and the Summit at the end. The tides have turned and angels are involved now. I really hope Wendy Higgins second book gets picked up by a publisher, I really want to know what's going to happen. Fingers crossed!!



2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I feel so behind, because I still haven't read this one! And it sounds so good! Really, they have interesting fathers? Well, now I'm really curious about this book! Terrific review, and thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

    Megan@The Book Babe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you for stopping by and helping me out! And you do have to read this one! It is very good!

    ReplyDelete