Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cursed Release Day Blitz!!


Today we celebrate the official release day of Cursed by Jennifer Armentrout!! Woohoo! This book was written in 2008/2009 so that is about 4 years in the making! I had been waiting for this one for a while. The story line was so unique and Jennifer's writing is so good that I knew this book would be amazing. I was right!! It was sooo good! Spencer Hill Press decided to do a little thing called Cursed Release Day Blitz to celebrate Cursed.

So you can just about imagine how excited I was to see my book from Amazon in the mail weeks before it was actually released!! No idea how stuff like that happens. Anyway my reaction was about like this:


Yup, I know. I'm sure many of you other readers have had situations like this! After I recovered and began reading Cursed I couldn't put it down. Spencer Hill gave us a few ideas for what to do as a post and I decided to talk a little bit about which character I related to the most while reading. So which character was it you may ask?? 

EMBER!!
(I know terrible joke!)

Ember has lived a hard life. Not only is she left with scars on her body from the accident but, she has to live with the touch of death...literally. With a mother who's present but, not really there and a sister with a special gift. She was tormented at school. People made fun of her all the time and she really only had one friend. I guess this is where I related to her the most. High school for me was not fun. I got made fun of by complete strangers. People I had never even talked to. Even my best friends "turned on me" if you will. This eventually happens to Ember. Although not quite like it  did with me. I always felt like I didn't really have anyone I could trust and that sucks. Ember goes through these same situations and I actually cried a few times while reading because it opened up old wounds. Grant it I don't have the touch of death but, she suffered in silence just as I did. She put on a brave face even when she was hurting inside. I think everyone has been through something like this and  therefore most people will be able to relate well to Ember. The character is so well written that you feel connected to her. I think a lot of people who read or have read Cursed will relate to Ember.

Ok, ok enough with my sad story. The story isn't all sad! But, parts of it may leave you a tad emotional. As any great book will. If you want to leave a comment feel free! If you have read Cursed already which character did you relate to the most? If you haven't read it yet what are you looking forward to the most?

Goodreads Summary:

Dying sucks-- and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand. After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows.

Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he's a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, she's more than interested. There's just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man she's sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out. 

However, she's willing to do anything to hold her sister's hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't? But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not have been an accident at all, she's not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life. For real this time.

My Review:
Cursed was yet another amazing book by Jennifer Armentrout. It was such a unique story. Ember's life changes from the moment she died. After the accident she is never the same. Her father died and she blames herself. Her mother is pretty much useless and her sister is to young to help. She struggles to be the sister, mom, and friend to Olivia. Olivia is super cute by the way. I thought it was cute that she brought her hamster back to life! Ember however, can't touch anyone. She can'g hug, kiss, hold hands, or be comforted when she is sad. High school sucks for her. The only good thing is her friend Adam. He is kind of her rock. Little does she know her life is about to change when she meets Hayden!

Hayden is a pretty awesome guy. Other then the fact that him and his father kind of kidnap Ember and her family and take them to a house for people with "special" abilities. It reminded me a lot of the X-Men and the Xavier school for gifted youngsters just smaller. I didn't really like the other kids there except for Gabe and Hayden. The rest were pretty much plain mean and didn't try to understand Ember. Hayden is the only one willing to work with Ember to try to control her ability. Everyone else is more concerned with Olivia and her gift. It's not an easy go for her. She has to work really hard and try not to kill Hayden in the process and Hayden has to try not to kill Ember. There gifts is are kind of compliments but, in a weird way. You will understand when you read it. Eventually they get to kiss WOOHOO!! I had high hopes! With all this going on someone is tormenting her at school putting nasty stuff in her locker! There are quite a few twists in the book. I had theories about who was trying tormenting Ember but, I was wrong on all of them haha. Jennifer is good at that, always keeps you wondering.

This isn't the typical book by Jennifer Armentrout. It isn't the insta love or love triangle and it takes a while for Hayden to break. I still loved it! I wish it wasn't a stand a lone because I think it would make a good series! 

No comments:

Post a Comment