Sunday, March 3, 2013

ARC review of The Arrangement #4 by H.M. Ward

Goodreads Summary:

Avery finds out too late that her heart isn’t cut out to be a call girl. She’s too attracted to Sean. Avery doesn’t just want Sean’s body, she wants his heart. When he sent her away, Avery was devastated. Trying to pick up the pieces is hard, especially since she can’t get another job. 

Caught in an impossible position with her employer, everything hinges on making this next client happy, but things don’t go as they should. To make matters worse, Sean shows up at the worst time. Avery dreams of a chance to start over, to erase Sean from her life forever and leave her old life behind. But, it’s beginning to look more and more like just a dream.

Genre: New Adult Romance
This story unfolds over multiple volumes approx. 20,000 words each.
~The Arrangement Vol 1, 2, 3 & 4 are on sale now.~

My Review:
This series just keeps getting better and better. Avery is on the outs with Sean because he basically returned her when Avery told him she loved him. So she did what any normal woman would do and threw a pile of cash at him and walked out. The bad thing is Black wants her money back and Avery doesn't have it obviously. So Black has an idea. Avery must pay her back by working and it will take a while. She has also signed her preference sheet to do anything! Things for Avery don't really get better. She is worried about what she is going to have to do. She keeps running into Sean at very inopportune times. She keeps running from him. She can't face him. This leads to a very  bad thing. 

I feel so bad for Avery. I know I have said that before but, seriously. Can't anything go right for her? I thought she was at the end of her rope in the last volume but, it's even worse now. Now she is in debt to Black. And if she doesn't pay her back the penalty will be severe. Ugh! I have to know how this is all going to end!

I have no idea what to think about Sean. Sometimes he's super sweet and the next time he's a major butt. I know Avery discovered one of his secrets and maybe he just can't handle it. I think he does regret what he did to her though as you will figure out as you read Vol. 4. I still like Sean and I hope he pulls his head out of his behind. 

The ending left me shocked. I finished it at work and literally cursed out loud when I read the end. Luckily I was alone. I really hope that Volume 5 comes out soon because that was the biggest cliffhanger EVER! It really seems like everything is against Sean and Avery. It's like fate is against them. I hope a miracle happens.  That's all I'm going to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment