Sunday, April 28, 2013

Apollyon by Jennifer Armentrout

Goodreads Summary:

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.

My Review:
I felt like I waited forever for this book! There were some slow parts that I read through fast but, for the most part I liked it! Apollyon is more then just a story about Alex and her connection to Seth which I was kind of worried about. It was an amazing love story!! That part I did not expect!! I am totally team Aiden now. I still like Seth even after the terrible things he has done. I think there is good in him and if anyone can help him it's Alex. The story begins in pretty much the same situation as Elixir. Aiden is trying to break Alex away from the connection with Seth. It takes a near death to finally accomplish that. Aiden and Alex are now faced with new challenges and the Gods have their own agenda as well. Alex doesn't know who to trust, well other then Aiden. Alex isn't the only one being helped by a God either. There is one on the other team. Making terrible things a reality and innocent people are dying. Not everyone will survive this. Will Alex be able to change the prophecy? Is she willing to die to save many? Will she be willing to accomplish what the Gods want her to do? Can she kill Seth?

Apollo makes his rounds throughout this book as well as some new gods. I loved the adventure to the Underworld. It was a side we haven't seen yet in this series. Persephone was always my favorite story when we did Greek mythology. Not sure why. You do find out which God has been helping Seth but, I will not say who it is. Lets just say he's not nice. Alex learns this the hard way. The fight scenes are awesome throughout this book! So full of action and well written that I could see it play out in my head. 

I would say that there is no more question about the love interests anymore. Aiden and Alex are meant for each other. Despite the stupid law which I hope they figure out a way to change. There are a lot more romantic scenes in this one. I am totally 100% ok with that!! I know Alex cares for Seth but, it's not the same. I think she desperately wants to help him. Like, he is being forced into doing what he is doing. It's not Seth, there is still good in him. If anyone can reach him it's Alex. Aiden is super sweet, insanely protective, and perfect for Alex. I believe he would die for her and her for him. I hope it doesn't come to that but, I seriously don't know anymore. I don't really see a happy ending anymore!! 

So many secrets and plots are revealed in Apollyon. I can't wait for Sentinel. I wish it came out sooner!! Especially after what happened at the end!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment