Monday, October 28, 2013

If I Return by Sawyer Bennett (Part of The 12 NA's of Christmas)

Goodreads Summary:
If I Return is proud to be a part of The 12 NA's of Christmas 
12 New Adult Novellas. 12 Best Selling Authors. November 2013.

Would you wait?

College student, Hope Camden, is relentlessly serious, awkwardly shy and in complete need of taking a walk on the wilder side. At least, that’s what her sister tells her when she drags her off for an impromptu Christmas getaway in the Blue Ridge Mountains. 


Hope’s plans to keep her nose in a book the entire vacation are thwarted when she meets Jack Freeman, the gorgeous and enigmatic Army helicopter pilot staying at the same resort. What was supposed to be a quiet Christmas holiday turns into a life changing event for Hope and Jack. The only problem? Jack is headed off to war, and there is no guarantee he will come back.

My Review:
I was so excited to hear there was going to be the 12 NA's of Christmas. It brings together 2 of my most favorite things. I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Sawyer Bennett's novella. All I can say is I hope the other ones are this good! If I Return was amazing! Hope is you introverted character that would love to sit in front of a fire and read a good book for the week. Her sister Audrey pesters her into stepping out of her box and it changes her life. She meets Jack, the super hot Army helicopter pilot. The sparks fly instantly. From the first time she fell into his arms. Things are hot and heavy quickly but, the question looms. What happens after this week? Is there relationship destined to be a Christmas fling?

Jack is a great guy. He is very upfront with Hope on how he feels. He opens up to her. There is no hiding what he wants. Unfortunately he is heading off to war and doesn't want to hold her back. He doesn't want her to hold back because he might not make it back. If he returns he will meet her at the same hotel they met at on Christmas Eve. Will he return? 

I loved this novella and read it in one sitting. Mostly because I couldn't put it down. I was so enthralled by the story and he characters. Christmas also makes it more romantic and fun. Even with the fun attitude there was still a sense of seriousness. That it might be the last time they ever see each other and they want to savor that time together. So perfect!! I'm kind of hoping we got to see more of these two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment