Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Love Among Pigeons by Abria Mattina

Goodreads Summary:
In this companion novella to Wake, Frank invites the Kirk family home to Smiths Falls for Thanksgiving weekend. Holidays are always a trial for the family that lost their daughter and sister, but Frank is hopeful that this Thanksgiving will be the exception. He has some happy news to share. If only he wasn't so reluctant to talk about it.










My Review:
After reading Love Among Pigeons, I immediately went to Amazon and purchased Wake. After just reading this short novella I loved the characters. Willa and her boyfriend Jem go home for Thanksgiving and things don't quite go according to plan. I think just about everyone could relate to some of the events that took place. Whether it's Frank, Willa, or Jem. I have a feeling mine would be more like Jem's Thanksgiving. I believe we had pizza once for Thanksgiving dinner. The past plays a big role in these characters lives and I can't wait to learn more about it in Wake. 

I really liked the characters! Frank and Doug were great and the way Willa pokes fun at them is hilarious. I also liked how Jem talked with his sisters boyfriend. I would hope that my brother would do that for me. Also Frank and Willa's grandma was a hoot! I loved her!

Will and Jem seem perfect for each other. They kind of level out the crazy they deal with everyday. Their romantic life is a little interesting as well. I would like to learn more about what happened with Jem's illness. That might also be because of the nurse in me. Either way I would like to learn more about their relationship. 

This was a lovely novella and I am excited to read Wake!

No comments:

Post a Comment