Friday, November 1, 2013

12 NA's of Christmas!!


ABOUT IF I RETURN:

Would you wait?

College student, Hope Camden, is relentlessly serious, awkwardly shy and in complete need of taking a walk on the wilder side. At least, that’s what her sister tells her when she drags her off` for an impromptu Christmas getaway in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Hope’s plans to keep her nose in a book the entire vacation are thwarted when she meets Jack Freeman, the gorgeous and enigmatic Army helicopter pilot staying at the same resort. What was supposed to be a quiet Christmas holiday turns into a life changing event for Hope and Jack. The only problem? Jack is headed off to war, and there is no guarantee he will come back.

About Sawyer Bennett:

USA Today Best-Selling Author, Sawyer Bennett is a snarky southern woman and reformed trial lawyer who decided to finally start putting on paper all of the stories that were floating in her head. She is married to a mobster (well, a market researcher) and they have three big, furry dogs who hog the bed. Sawyer would like to report she doesn't have many weaknesses but can be bribed with a nominal amount of milk chocolate. 

EXCERPT:

I’m about to step outside of the proverbial box.

Pushing away from the elevator wall I had been leaning against, I walk up to Jack, bringing my body close into his. Looking into his face, I see his nostrils flare and unbidden desire leap into his eyes. It’s all the encouragement I need before I smooth my hands up over his chest, winding them behind his neck. My fingers graze over the stubble of his short haircut. I’m pleased when his arms wrap around my waist to draw me in closer. I waste no further time before pulling his head down to me, until our lips meet softly.

Despite the fact my inhibitions are lowered, despite the fact I boldly put myself in Jack’s arms, and despite the fact that his eyes were heated as our lips moved toward one another, the kiss is surprisingly sweet. It’s nothing more than a gentle meeting of our lips. Our mouths are slightly parted as we move against one another, tilting our heads first to one side, and then another as we explore.

Even though the kiss is soft and sweet, I still feel a warmth spreading through my body. It causes me to want more... to experience Jack on the next level. Tentatively, my tongue pushes forward into his mouth and at first he stills. I can feel his fingers flex into my lower back, and I push my tongue in just a little farther, taking a swipe at his.

He answers me with a groan and then he’s gripping my head, holding me in place so his tongue can take charge. 

And I let him.

Links:




My Review
I was so excited to hear there was going to be the 12 NA's of Christmas. It brings together 2 of my most favorite things. I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Sawyer Bennett's novella. All I can say is I hope the other ones are this good! If I Return was amazing! Hope is you introverted character that would love to sit in front of a fire and read a good book for the week. Her sister Audrey pesters her into stepping out of her box and it changes her life. She meets Jack, the super hot Army helicopter pilot. The sparks fly instantly. From the first time she fell into his arms. Things are hot and heavy quickly but, the question looms. What happens after this week? Is there relationship destined to be a Christmas fling?

Jack is a great guy. He is very upfront with Hope on how he feels. He opens up to her. There is no hiding what he wants. Unfortunately he is heading off to war and doesn't want to hold her back. He doesn't want her to hold back because he might not make it back. If he returns he will meet her at the same hotel they met at on Christmas Eve. Will he return? 

I loved this novella and read it in one sitting. Mostly because I couldn't put it down. I was so enthralled by the story and he characters. Christmas also makes it more romantic and fun. Even with the fun attitude there was still a sense of seriousness. That it might be the last time they ever see each other and they want to savor that time together. So perfect!! I'm kind of hoping we got to see more of these two. 


All 12 Novellas:

About Magan Vernon and OFF THE MARKET:


Etta Davis must decide if a second chance with an old flame is worth taking her house, and her heart, off the market.

About Zoe Dawson and BRAVE:

Zoe Dawson's Blog           

His heart was closed, his emotions buried, he was a man on the edge of self-destructing. This Christmas, snowbound in Colorado little did he know that courage would be found in another searching for the strength to be brave.

About Tiffany King and CROSS COUNTRY CHRISTMAS:


A hilarious, heartwarming Christmas tale about finding love in the least likely situation.

About Chelsea Cameron and CHRISTMAS CATCH:


She swore she was never going back to the tiny fishing village she came from. So did he. But when they’re both dragged back to Saltwater, Maine, they might realize it’s where they belong. Together…

About H.M. Ward and A LITTLE CHRISTMAS ROMANCE:


A sexy and sweet holiday treat.

About Breena Wilde and FROSTED MIDNIGHT:


Willow St. James needs a miracle and an encounter with Austin Merrick at midnight on Christmas Eve may be just the answer she's looking for.

About A. Meredith Walters and WARMTH IN ICE:


Clay and Maggie struggle to build a future while overcoming the demons of their past. And during the heat of a Florida Christmas they are reminded that theirs is a love worth fighting for.

About Sawyer Bennett and IF I RETURN:


What was supposed to be a quiet Christmas holiday turns into a life changing event for Hope and Jack. The only problem? Jack is headed off to war, and there is no guarantee he will come back.

About Shelly Crane and WIDE SPACES:


When they found each other, they knew that life had given them a second chance. But a life together that saved them will become a life they think is lost forever.

About Addison Moore and WINTER KISSES:


Having a one-night stand with your ex is never easy. She thinks its revenge sex. He thinks its make-up sex. Things can only go wrong from here.

About Marquita Valentine and ALL FOR YOU:


The only thing West Diaz wants for Christmas is McKenzie Walsh's forgiveness, but she's not ready to make nice, until, that is, he willingly humiliates himself in public to prove he's not the same guy who bullied her in high school. But can one simple act overcome years of torment?

About Sarra Cannon and A SEASON FOR HOPE:


After a devastating breakup, Bailey Houston just wants to give up on life. But can sexy med-student Judd Kohler teach her that Christmas really is a season for hope?


No comments:

Post a Comment