Thursday, January 23, 2014

ARC Review of Stipulation (Legal Affairs Vol 2) (18+)

Goodreads Summary:
I crossed a line with my boss and there’s no taking it back.

Not that I’d want to.

You see… Matt Connover? Well, he’s something else. Strong, magnetic, sexy as hell… but yeah, he’s still my boss.

What am I doing? Why is he so irresistible to me? Maybe it’s because I finally saw a different side to him. I saw, for a brief moment, that Matt is vulnerable, possibly damaged. Is it wrong that it makes him even sexier in my opinion?

I’m in deep and I don’t see any way out.

I don’t want to find a way out.

I want to find a way for both of us to stay involved in these Legal Affairs.

~ McKayla “Mac” Dawson

My Review:
Woohoo! Road trip time with your hotty boss! Anyone else interested? So, what do we learn in volume 2? Well, these two try to keep it all business but, it seems pretty impossible. After the deposition and Matt won of course it's time to party! This is where we get to see jealous possessive Matt. I'm not going to lie, I kinda love him! After another drunken attorney puts his paws on Mac, Matt goes a little caveman on him. This leads to lots of bedroom fun. When they get back to the office is when things get tricky. A co-worker, Cal, starts to show some interest in Mac. Can she separate her heart from "just sex"?  Is Matt really just in this for the sex or is he developing feelings?

I love these two together. Obviously they are electric in the bedroom. But, can they have a relationship? I'm not sure. I think Matt is holding on to something from his past. I think he has a secret that doesn't allow him to love or at least makes him think he can't. Yup, I think our Matty has a big bad secret and I am dying to know what it is!! 

I love that Mac stood up for herself when Matt refused to cancel with Lorraine (who is just..yuck). It will be very interesting to see where things go from here. It will be hard to wait the 2 weeks! 


1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that the "young and innocent woman falls for worldly, rich but damaged man" trope hasn't died yet. I'll be adding this to my TBR list!

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

    ReplyDelete