Sunday, May 18, 2014

ARC Review Legal Affairs: Confessions of a Litigation God by Sawyer Bennett

Goodreads Summary:
WARNING, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK from Matt Connover, Litigation God: Please do not attempt to read my story in public, as my sexual proclivities have been known to cause squirming in your seat, squeezing of your legs together and unintentional moaning, sometimes with spontaneous bursts of laughter at random moments. If you are offended by the fact that my oral skills are just as accomplished in the bedroom as they are the courtroom, then this book is not for you. There may be moments while reading my story that you get so turned on… so hot and bothered… that your squirming and moaning could turn maniacal in nature and neither I, nor the author, are responsible for the weird looks you may get. Notwithstanding the aforementioned warnings, if you assume the risk and read my tale in public, then I recommend you carry a spare set of panties with you. You will need them and you have been warned.”

My name is Matt Connover. I am a Litigation God.
Other lawyers quake before me.
Women crawl on their knees just to spend the night in my bed and when I’m finished with them, I walk away without a backward glance.

I am well satisfied with my life and there isn’t a damn thing I’d change about it.

That is, until McKayla Dawson came along. 

She was meant to be for one night only.
But she got under my skin, and now I want her back underneath my body. 

It’s torture working with her in my law firm… day in and day out. But I have to think maybe the Fates have intervened to throw us together because she is unlike anyone I’ve ever known, and thus I need to pay careful attention to these Legal Affairs.

****

Confessions of a Litigation God is a stand alone, full length novel. It follows the affair of Matt Connover and McKayla Dawson as told in the Legal Affairs Serial Romance, Volumes 1-6. This book is told strictly from Matt's point of view and has many additional scenes not included in the serial volumes.

My Review:
I really loved the Legal Affairs serial series. It is one of my favorite reads. I didn't think there was a way to make it better. Holy crap was I proven wrong! Hearing this story from Matt's point of view was insanely hot. That disclaimer at the top of the summary is completely right. Matt is a deliciously arrogant. He is forever the one night stand kind of guy who doesn't need a relationship. Which is why One Night Only works so well for him. Mac throws his whole idea of relationships and sex. Mac is more then just a one night stand. She broke him after one night and he is craving her. Will Matt be able to quit his playboy ways? Will Mac be the person to finally crack that hard facade that is Matt Connover?

The connection between these two is electric. They are simply drawn to each other. Mac a little more in a relationship manner. As much as Matt says it's "just sex" and "they can't do it again", Mac is getting to him and he doesn't like it. After his ex-wife ruined him could Mac be the one to fix him? These two can't keep their hands off each other. No where is safe. Not at work or at home. They will get to each other no matter what. It was so interesting to see Matt's POV. His inner thoughts about certain events from the Legal Affairs serials.

This was yet another great addition to Sawyer Bennett's books. I loved Matt. His arrogant jerk persona was my favorite part. He is a dynamic character who changes throughout this book. He becomes a better man. I loved his version of the story and if you are a Sawyer Bennett fan then you need to go buy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment