Monday, July 7, 2014

Of Neptune by Anna Banks

Goodreads Summary:
Emma and Galen’s kingdom and their love is threatened by long-lost Syrena in the brilliant conclusion to Anna Banks bestselling trilogy.

Emma, half human and half Syrena, and her Syrena love, Galen, need time together alone. Away from the kingdoms of Poseidon and Triton. Emma’s grandfather, the Poseidon king, suggests the two visit a small town called Neptune.

Neptune is home to both Syrena and Half-Breeds alike. But Emma and Galen didn’t sign up to be peacemakers between the ocean and the land-dwelling, freshwater Syrena. They didn’t bargain for meeting a charming Half-Breed named Reed, who can barely disguise his feelings for Emma. And they especially didn’t expect to find themselves in the middle of a power struggle that threatens not only their love but their ocean kingdoms.


In this stunning conclusion to her bestselling Syrena Legacy, Anna Banks thrills fans with more action and romance than ever.

My Review:
I was so excited for this book! I felt like I waited forever to get it. I started it and was drawn in immediately. Things have changed since Emma was accepted by the Syrena. Her and Galen can be together! But ever since Rachel died Galen has been different. He's quite and Emma knows he hasn't properly grieved for her. So they take a trip! Which Emmas Grandfather so nicely directs them to a town called Neptune. This town is special. Why you ask? Because if is full of half-breeds. Emma is not the only one and she's not the only one with gifts. This changes things. Emma feels like she belongs here and the new guy (Reed) is very kind. Emma is presented with a choice. Could she live here and feel like she belongs? Would Galen stay too or is she destined to be with someone else?

The other characters were not in this book much. I missed Toraf and Rayna! They were a couple of my favorites. They were in the end and a few other chapters but, I missed them. Maybe we will get some of their stories in the future. That would be great!!

We get to see some of Galen's POV in this one, which was great. Since him and Emma's relationship is struggling. A lot of which could have been fixed with simple communication. Unfortunately, they are in the middle of a power struggle and are separated. Galen goes through a lot and it helps him to realize how he feels about Emma. If only he could get away and talk to her but, will she feel the same? Has he lost her to people who are just like her? 

Emma kind of drove me nuts in places. She was thinking Galen was smothering her and that he was being selfish to ask her to live int he ocean with him. Not only that but, she lets Reed distract her. I am so not a fan of love triangles!! I really don't like them. I liked Reed but, I thought it was unnecessary to the story. It takes a while for her to realize that she screwed up. I was like "Um, yea hello"!!! If she would have just talked with Galen a lot of their pain and suffering could have been avoided. Emma needs to come to her senses but, will she do it in time? What if Galen doesn't survive? O_o

I am sad to see this series end but, I am ok with the ending. Thank goodness there was an epilogue! I got to the last page and was like NOOO!! Another series is done. Always a sad day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment