Tuesday, November 25, 2014

ARC Review of Captive by Aimee Carter

Goodreads Summary:
For the past two months, Kitty Doe's life has been a lie. Forced to impersonate the Prime Minister's niece, her frustration grows as her trust in her fake fiancĂ© cracks, her real boyfriend is forbidden and the Blackcoats keep her in the dark more than ever. 

But in the midst of discovering that her role in the Hart family may not be as coincidental as she thought, she's accused of treason and is forced to face her greatest fear: Elsewhere. A prison where no one can escape. 


As one shocking revelation leads to the next, Kitty learns the hard way that she can trust no one, not even the people she thought were on her side. With her back against the wall, Kitty wants to believe she'll do whatever it takes to support the rebellion she believes in—but is she prepared to pay the ultimate price?


My Review:
All I can say about Captive is hold on to your seat because it is a WILD ride. Things for Kitty are only getting worse. She is having a hard time maintaining her secret identity. She wants her own life with Benjy. She gets to steal moments with him but, it's not what she wants. She understands how important it is for her to keep her fake identity going though. Things get insane when the minister finds out about her and with the help of Knox she is sent Elsewhere. Yes, Elsewhere. She does not have fun here, it is pure torture. What I did learn was everything happens for a reason. Whether Kitty believes it or not the Rebellion must happen and is really important. Will Kitty be able to continue her lie or has it put her life at risk to much? Can she live with the deaths her actions have caused? 

There were so many times I wanted to just grab Kitty, shake her and just give her a good slap. She either was all in to help or flat out refused. She went back and forth so much. Her actions caused the deaths of quite a few people actually. I think this fact will eventually weigh on Kitty. Especially one person!!! I was like OMG! NOOOO! Seriously this book threw me in so many loops I couldn't put it down. Kitty needs to man up and be all in or all out. This half in crap just doesn't work. 

Benjy is still the main love interest. His relationship with Kitty is very cute and they deeply care about each other. I like that their isn't really a love triangle in this series. I like Benjy, I do but, I really like Knox. Even though him and Kitty pretty much have a "next time I see you I'm going to kill you" relationship during Captive. I have this think about the underdog. Therefore I have high hopes for Knox and hope he finds love. Even if during Captive he was being quite the jerk. 

Captive was full of surprises. The Rebellion is starting and a lot of lives have been lost already. Kitty also finds a long lost relative which I thought was a great twist. The world is about to change and the book ended with quite the curve ball so I will be anxiously awaiting the next book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment