Sunday, December 7, 2014

Paragon by Autumn Kalquist

Goodreads Summary:
Tadeo Raines knows what they say about him. It’s all lies.

But lies are better than the truth.

He broke the rules once and swore he’d never do it again. Now traitors plot against the fleet, and he's tasked with hunting them down and stopping them. Permanently.

Tadeo was born to command, born to lead the last remnants of humanity to a new Earth. He knows there’s a better world out there: Daylight at the end of humanity's long night. And he's willing to do whatever it takes to get the fleet there. 


Even if it means walking the line between loyalty and treason. And breaking the rules... Again. 


My Review:
Paragon picks up right where Legacy Code ended. This book was very interesting as it was in the point of view of Tadeo Raines. The man who air locked Era! I hated him in Legacy Code. I started to like him more in this one. I does make a difference when you see all the politics going on and what is inside his head. There was so much more then Era ever knew. This whole situation goes way higher up in the ranks then she knew. I wish Tadeo would have been able to talk to Era before she died though It think they would have made a good team in figuring out all this stuff. We also get Zephyr's point of view and she is crushed after she finds out Era "killed herself". She simply can't believe it and I don't blame her. She gets into a little trouble when she is so emotional and it actually puts her into a position to figure out something else is going on. There is also a surprise character we get to hear from but, I'm not going to ruin it so I won't say anything!! This book is full of twists and turns and I loved every minute of it. Will Zephyr exonerate her friend? Will Tadeo figure out what's going on in time? 

Ok, despite my dislike for Tadeo, I kind of hope he ends up with Zephyr. I think they'd be cute together although I don't know if Zephyr could get over Tadeo and Era. That may be the only thing that could truly keep them apart. There is nothing to suggest they are going to get together I just kind of hope they do. Zephyr may be able to save Tadeo from himself if he lets her. As much as they butt heads I think they would make a good team. Tadeo is a smart man and he does figure out a lot but, in a world where they are so closely monitored I'm not sure if he can keep all his secrets. It will be very interesting to see what happens next.

I really enjoyed this book. It was very fast pace. It was just over a few days after Era's death and so much happened! So many surprises! Ugh! I need to know what is going to happen to these three characters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment