Sunday, January 25, 2015

World After by Susan Ee

Goodreads Summary:
In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world.

When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.

Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.


Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?


My Review:
World After picks up with Penryn trying to get back on her feet. After what went down and her sister's situation she has a lot going on. Not only that but, she was stung by the weird angel science project pets. To make matters worse Raffe is gone. My feelings toward Paige are changing. I feel so bad for her. What the angels did to her is beyond cruel. After Penryn starts to get better she then goes on a mission. She wants to know what happened to Raffe and really wants to destroy the angels. She is about to go on a journey that will be life threatening. Will Penryn be able to save her loved ones?

I was so sad that Raffe was basically gone for the first half of the book! I really liked him.  The flashbacks that Penryn had with the sword were awesome. I loved that whole aspect throughout the books. That she was basically training with the sword during these flashes. I just thought it was a great concept. We do finally get to see Raffe again but, he has changed. With the bat wings he is considered a demon even though he has not fallen. In my opinion I think these two should just get together already! His reputation is kind of tarnished now anyway soooo why not! There must be something special though about Penryn. For her to be able to bond with the sword. So may questions! 

I need book 3 to come out asap because, I need the answers to some questions. I am scared that her and Raffe will not get a happy ending. As things have already went in an interesting direction. I will continue to hope that Paige will have a good life but, like I said things look kind of grim for them! 

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't even get through the first book. I don't know why! I wanted to like it so much, but it just wasn't for me I guess.

    I'm a new follower, really like your blog :D

    Cucie @ Cucie reads

    ReplyDelete