Sunday, February 1, 2015

ARC Review of Life Before Damaged Vol. 5 by H.M. Ward

Goodreads Summary:
Money. Power. Sex. 

This can't be happening. Maybe storming off to the club and getting sloshed was a bad idea, but I couldn't handle all that's happened. Forget for a while, that's all I wanted. After dancing with the wrong guy all night I planned on forgetting everything troubling me while rolling around in his bed. The problem is the guy is Pete Ferro and I'm me. It's a horrible plan to get all sinful and sweaty with him, but it's exactly what I need. One night with no connections, no worries, and a guy who isn't after my money or my family. 

Screw it. I'm going to get lucky.





My Review:
Holy crap. Gina's life has taken a turn for the bat shit crazy. After being cheated on by Anthony she confronts her parents and him about it and lets just say it doesn't go like I thought it would. I imagined her dad as the kind of guy who would crush a man for being doing that. It was the complete opposite! He basically told them they were now engaged and boys will be boys! Are you kidding me! OMG! After the day that Gina had with Pete I was feeling pretty good but, after that I was so angry! By the end it Gina goes from one forced situation to another. Mrs. Ferro has a lot of balls to do what she did. Will Gina be able to live with herself?

I loved that Pete and Gina finally got a regular day together. Surprisingly it didn't go straight to sex and regret. They were like normal people getting to know each other. When Pete dropped her off at her house in front of her parents and Anthony I was like HA! Take that! I really wanted Gina to just kick Anthony in the balls a few times. Although the cat comments were quite awesome! 

What do I want to happen? I want Gina to have some control of her own life. the situation at the end of the book, in my opinion, is a little better then the previous situation. Not great because she still doesn't get to have her own life but, better. Her story is beginning to make more and more sense the more we see. Volume 6 should be seriously intense! Bring it on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment