Monday, January 4, 2016

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Goodreads Summary:
Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.


Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.

My Review:
I know I am late jumping on this bandwagon. I have had this book for quite some time and over the holiday break decided to finally read it. This was such an emotional roller coaster. Sky lives a pretty normal life. Apart from not having a cell phone, internet or TV. She is going to public school for the first time and is kind of excited and kind of not. She meets some nice people and some awful people. Which let's face it, is high school in a nutshell. She has a bit of a reputation before she even get's there. The person who throws her for a loop isn't even someone she meets at school. Holder is hard to get to know. It's like he has multiple personality disorder. You never know which Holder you are going to get. There is a connection between them though. A connection they don't both understand right away. What Sky doesn't know is that meeting Holder set's off a chain reaction that will leads to a massive explosion. Is she ready for it?

I loved Holder. I thought he was a very realistic guy. Not the Greek God super hot guy that doesn't exist in real life. He was the right guy for Sky. It was very hard to tell right away and it took time which is great. It wasn't instant. When things from their past come to light everything changes. Their relationship changes. It is very intense and emotional. I am not sure they would have survived without each other to lean on through it all. They needed each other on a whole different level. There was definitely some hot moments between them too. They again were realistic and perfect. 

I am not going to lie, there are a lot of series issues in this book of the sexual nature. Ones that result in legal ramifications. You are going to need a strong heart for this one because what Sky discovers about her pas it heartbreaking. Without Holder I am not sure she would have survived it.

This is a story of strength, resilience, and love. I am so glad I finally read this book. It is the first one from this author I have read and I intend on picking up some more of her books. 

1 comment:

  1. I've not read anything by Colleen but going by your review I think it's time I did. This sounds like a great read.

    Katie | Bookabie

    ReplyDelete